Oct 19, 2012

Cuba Now




I visited Cuba a year ago this month, and blogged extensively about the time I spent with a group organized by San Francisco's Global Exchange as well as the week I spent traveling on my own after the trip ended. 

The "print'' version of the story appears in the Sunday, Oct. 21 issue of the Seattle Times Pacific Magazine, along with some excellent photos by Times photographer Erika Schultz. Schultz and I traveled to Cuba at different times, but somehow the story and the photos ended up matching perfectly. 

I'm happy to see that most the "people-to-people'' trips approved earlier by the U.S. government are now going ahead despite some problems with license renewals this fall. Those problems seem to be resolved, and most trips are back on.

Past the political divide, Cuba invites us with rich traditions and small delights. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That's great. Thanks for sharing your experience. I really like it. Keep it up.
    Holidays to Cuba
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete